|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Benton Square (NZ298699)|
|Distance:||4.2 miles (6.8 km)|
|Met (1956):||A191, B1317, A188, A189, B1319, A1|
|Former Number(s):||B1319, B1320|
|Now part of:||B1505, A189, A1056|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1318 was a short B-road to the north of Newcastle upon Tyne city centre.
In 1922 it started on the A191 at Benton Square before heading west along Great Lime Road. It met the B1317 halfway along before going under the East Coast Main Line in West Moor and ending on the then A1060 (later A188).
This route was extended west after World War II. Following a brief multiplex west along the A188 it continued along what had been the B1319 Great Lime Road, before turning left to take over the whole of the original B1320 into Wideopen, where it ended on the A1.
The A189 was upgraded in the 1960s, severing this western section of Great Lime Road. The number B1318 became redundant at this point, although it has been reused elsewhere. The former B1320 has now been upgraded to become the A1056; the original section of the B1318 is now part of the much-longer B1505.