|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.5 miles (4 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5353 is a short road through the Derbyshire town of Swadlincote. It was originally unclassified, first gaining Class II status in the late 1920s. However, if the 1932 Ten-Mile Map is to be believed, the road was originally numbered B5358, only becoming the B5353 in 1935.
The road starts at a simple t-junction from the B586 and heads west. Initially there is a park on the left and rather large houses on the right on a tree-lined road; these soon give way to more standard housing. The road goes over a hump appears and then a mini roundabout before edging closer to the centre of the Newhall district of Swadlincote.
We run along the district's High Street (without shops to speak of) and then, after a mini roundabout, Main Street is negotiated. The road then becomes more rural, the first fields appear and then we skirts Newhall Wood. There's a 40mph limit at the start of a shortish pass between fields on either side before a bend, another 30mph limit and the end of the road at a signalised junction with the primary A444.