B5383 (St Asaph)
|From:||St Asaph (SJ033742)|
|Distance:||2.3 miles (3.7 km)|
|Now part of:||B5381|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5383 was a short road south of St Asaph in North Wales. It was originally unclassified but became the B5383 around 1930. In the renumberings of 1935 it became part of the B5381 but then the mainline of the A525 was rerouted along the road between the 1940s and 1970s. It has since returned to Class II status, becoming the B5381 again.
The road started on the A55 (present A525) at the western end of St Asaph High Street and headed south along Lower Denbigh Road. It followed the valley of the River Elwy upstream and crossed the river after a couple of miles. The road then climbed out of the valley to end on the A525 on the northern side of Trefnant.