|From:||Whitegate Drive (SD324346)|
|To:||Church Street (SD312362)|
|Distance:||1.3 miles (2.1 km)|
|Meets:||A583, A5073, B5263, A583|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5390 is a link road in Blackpool. The road was originally unclassified; owing to its short length its history is not fully known but it had gained Class II status by 1939.
The road starts at a large signalised crossroads where the A583 which has come in from the motorway turns right onto Whitegate Drive. The road to the left is the A5073 and the B5390 continues ahead onto Park Road, a street name it keeps for its entire length although there is no obvious park in the area. The road quickly bears round to the right and heads northwestwards through the suburbs, crossing a few sets of traffic lights.
After going over the B5263 Hornby Road we start to pass some holiday accommodation as we approach the town centre. The road ends shortly afterwards by being forced to turn left onto a gyratory where it returns to the A583.