Former railway bridge on the ex-B5003 near Moira
The B5003 was a link road in west Leicestershire connecting Ashby de la Zouch (and what were the A50 and A453) with Overseal and the A444.
The B5003 began in Ashby town centre at the junction of the A50 Market Street and Derby Road, the A453 Bath Street and the B5003 Kilwardby Street. Our road first ran in a westerly direction and left town before continuing in the same direction across the fields.
About a mile after leaving Ashby, the B5003 turned towards the south-west before running through the village of Moira, where it met the B586 and then turned sharply to the north to avoid Short Heath. After passing under the railway line (now gone, although the bridge remains), it crossed the county boundary into Derbyshire and finally came to a halt on the A444 (numbered A511 before 1935) in the village of Overseal.
The road has now been declassified, possibly owing to the closeness of the A42.