|Distance:||1.4 miles (2.3 km)|
|Met (1922):||A5, A442|
|Route outline (key)|
In the 1922 Road Lists, B5061 is listed as Link at Wellington, making it a road to the north of the present route. It appears to have followed Haygate Road into the town centre, and Church Street and Park Street back out to the original route of A442 at King Street.
It was briefly upgraded to A5223 around 1980, before becoming an unclassified road before 1982, whilst the B5061 number was then recycled in the mid-1980s for the original route of the A5 through Telford.