|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Weston Coyney (SJ934438)|
|Distance:||3.3 miles (5.3 km)|
|Met:||A52, B5039, A520|
|Now part of:||A5272|
|Route outline (key)|
The road along the ridge to the north of Fenton and Longton in north Staffordshire was originally called the B5040. At the beginning of the 21st century, it and the B5049 to the north were renumbered A5272. Road signage and some maps have yet to catch up with the change.
Starting on the A52 in Bucknall the road headed southeastwards along Dividy Road. It ran through Ubberley, which was completely rural in 1922 but which has since become a suburb of Stoke-on-Trent. After meeting the B5039 in Adderley Green the road passed the gravel quarry in Park Hall before reaching Weston Coyney, where it ended on the A520.