|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Uttoxeter New Road (SK346361)|
|To:||Mansfield Road (SK354367)|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Met (1969):||A516, A52, A6, A61|
|Now part of:||A601|
|Route outline (key)|
It began at what is now the Stafford Street roundabout, then merely a simple junction between the A516 (which then continued into the city along Curzon Street) and the B5022.
The B5022 then ran up Stafford Street and Ford Street, both of which are now part of the A601 inner ring road. It diverged from the present route of the inner ring road at the end of Ford Street, at the junction with Willow Row and St Helen's Street, where the B5022 continued onto St Helen's Street (the modern ring road follows this section very closely to the south), at the end of where it met the A6.
After the A6 junction, the B5022 continued onto Bridge Gate (passing St Alkmund's Church which was demolished to make way for St Alkmund's Way) then across the Derwent on St Mary's Bridge to meet the A61, which at that time ran along Mansfield Road.
There was a 1936 plan to build a ring road around Derby. The B5022 may have been a part of this before the A601 St Alkmund's way was built.
The B5022 number disappeared with the opening of St Alkmund's Way in 1972.