The original B5066 ran southeast of Whitchurch in Shropshire along a short link near Darliston between what is today the A41 and B5065 (then the A529 and A442).
Its exact history is difficult to pin down. It is shown in its original location (though un-numbered) on the 1932 Ten Mile Road Map and appears to have become part of the A442 in the 1935 Road numbering revision.
In the 2000s the construction of the A53 Hodnet bypass meant that the whole of the A442 north of Hodnet was declassified. The former B5066 is therefore now unclassified.
An image has been requested for this article.