|Distance:||2.3 miles (3.7 km)|
|Meets:||A6181, A650, A6177, B6149, A6038|
|Route outline (key)|
The A6037 originally started in the centre of Bradford. Its original 1922 route was only the short section of Well Street, between the A647 Leeds Road and A650 Cheapside. However, in 1935 it was extended north along Canal Road to Shipley along what was the B6149. Subsequent work in the centre of Bradford has declassified all roads within the inner ring road to the point that the current southern terminus of the A6037 is roughly at the northeastern point of the inner ring road, where the A6181 Canal Road meets the A650 Shipley Airedale Road. "Roughly" as some maps show the A650 continuing further north along Canal Road, although not as far as the next junction.
Canal Road is definitely the A6037 before the unusual GSJ with the A6177 (where both roads are S2) is met. The A6037 then continues further north parallel to the railway line before crossing it on the outskirts of Shipley. Soon afterwards, the road ends at traffic lights on the A6038.