The A6054 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Link in Bolton (Marsden Road), making it a short link to the west of the town centre.
The road started on the A58, where that turned right from Moor Lane into Deansgate. It headed north along the full length of Marsden Road to end on the A673 St George's Road.
Owing to the short length of the road it is not known how long it retained this number: the road is now a spur of the A673. Photographic evidence from 1937 shows that this was a change that must have taken place at a date later than that of the 1935 revisions. The former A6054 now forms part of the Bolton Inner Relief Road.