|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Folds Road (SD718095)|
|To:||St George's Road (W) (SD712095)|
|Distance:||0.5 miles (0.8 km)|
|Meets:||A676, B6206, B6204, A673|
|Former Number(s):||A666, A673|
|Route outline (key)|
The B6205 is a short urban road on the north side of Bolton town centre.
The road starts off at a light-controlled crossroads with the A676, where that road TOTSOs and the B6206 also starts. The single-carriageway road heads westwards for a short distance along Bow Street to a signalised T-junction. In 1922 this was all there was of the B6205 – it ended there on the A666 – but more recent road improvements in Bolton have extended the road considerably.
The road now turns northwards at this point and, following a short climb, reaches another signalised crossroads, where there occurs that rarity among road junctions: a cannon. Our road turns left, whilst the B6206 comes in from the east and turns northwards. From here, the B6205 runs in a straight line westwards along the original line of the A673. After a short distance, it passes through a light-controlled junction where the B6204 heads off in a southerly direction. The last few hundred metres see the road become one-way eastward with a contraflow bus lane in operation in the westbound direction. At the western end the B6205 ends at a large signalised crossroads, where the other directions are all numbered A673.