|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.7 miles (4.3 km)|
|Old route now:||B5477|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4370 is a short link road in western Shropshire.
It starts on the A489 at Horderley, in the valley of the River Onny, and heads northeast, signposted Shrewsbury. The road climbs to Cwm Head before descending again into the next valley. It crosses the Welsh Marches Line at a level crossing before ending almost immediately afterwards at a T-junction on the A49.
The current route of the B4370 is identical to its 1922 route but it has been extended and cut back again since then.
With the building of the A49 Church Stretton bypass the B4370 was extended along the old road, via a short multiplex along the A49. It met the B4371 in the centre of Church Stretton before meeting the northern end of the bypass after going through All Stretton.
This section of the road was renumbered B5477 without warning in the 2000s. The new number is both a duplicate and out-of-zone so there seems no reason why it needed to take place.