|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||6 miles (9.7 km)|
|Meets:||B4380, B5061, B5063|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4394 is a fairly short B-road in central Shropshire. It was originally unclassified but gained its number in 1935.
The road starts on the B4380 on the northern edge of Wroxeter, by the car park for the Roman remains. We head north along a narrow S1 road, crossing a stream and then climbing to reach the B5061 (former A5) at a crossroads.
On the far side the B4394 is S2. We cross the fields across fairly featureless terrain; only the Wrekin to the right stops the land being completely flat. After a few bends we go over the present A5 and then meet the Shrewsbury to Wolverhampton railway line. We soon zigzag across it and continue to follow the line for some distance.
After skirting Walcot and Allscot we go under then back over the line again to enter the Telford urban area. Our road goes through Admaston then enters Shawbirch, where it takes on the air of a New Town distributor. Presently the B4394 ends as the B5063 comes in from the left and takes over the road ahead. It's not far from here to the A442.