A5093 (Barnet Bypass)
|From:||East Finchley (TQ278885)|
|To:||Fiveways, Hendon (TQ223906)|
|Distance:||3.8 miles (6.1 km)|
|Met (1934):||A1, A406, A500, A5000, A5088|
|Now part of:||A1|
|Route outline (key)|
The number A5093 was originally allocated to the southern half of the Barnet bypass. Leaving the A1 near East Finchley it headed northwest along Falloden Way and Great North Way to join the A5088 Watford bypass at the Fiveways junction at Hendon. The two bypasses diverged a couple of miles further north but the Barnet bypass was then numbered A5092.
The final section of the road from the North Circular Road to Great North Road at Highgate was opened on 18 October 1928.