This article is about the original route in Salford.
For the later route in Luton, see A5065
In the original 1922 road numbering, the A5065 number is described as Salford (New Park Road). This was a short link between the A5063 and A5064 (now A5066) along the southern edge of Ordsall Park.
The route had been downgraded and given the number B5341 by the mid-1970s. Today, however, New Park Road is only a vestigial remnant of its former glory in the southeast corner of Ordsall Park, with parts of the roadway removed as part of the park, whilst other sections have disappeared under redevelopment. It does take a bit of imagination to recognise that there was ever a road there at all.
The original A5065, therefore, is probably second only to the original A6014 as the 1922 route that has been most removed!
An image has been requested for this article.