A5023 was allocated to Link in Congleton, which referred to a short route in the town centre.
The number does not appear on the 1923 MoT map, emphasising the road's short distance. It therefore seems most probable that the A5023 was the southern half of Mill Street, between the A526 (later A34) Mill Street/Antrobus Street and A54 Bridge Street/Swan Bank.
Owing to the short length of the road, the number A5023 appears on very few maps and therefore it is not known when the number became defunct. What is certain is that the ex-A5023, along with most of the roads in central Congleton, is now unclassified.
An image has been requested for this article.