|From:||Canning Street, Birkenhead (SJ326892)|
|To:||Wallasey Bridge Road, Birkenhead (SJ297904)|
|Via:||Cleveland Street, Beaufort Road|
|Distance:||2.1 miles (3.4 km)|
|Meets:||A554, A552, A5029, A5027, B5146, A5088|
|Route outline (key)|
The A5030 is an urban A-road running along the south side of the docks at Birkenhead.
The route starts on the A554 Canning Street in Birkenhead, running first south-southwestward for 200 metres as far as the northern corner of Hamilton Square, where it TOTSOs right to take up the west-by-northwest heading which will constitute the rest, and the major part, of our course.
Running next along Cleveland Street, Corporation Road, and Beaufort Road, the A5030 intersects the A5029 and A5027, as well as meeting the B5146 coming in from the right at a roundabout, before ending at a final roundabout on the A5088 Wallasey Bridge Road.
In the 1922 Road Lists, the route started in the east on Hamilton Square and continued west along Cleveland Street, as above, but completed only half of its current itinerary before forking left along Old Bidston Road (today unclassified) to end on the A553 Laird Street. The rerouting seems to have occurred in the 1980s.