|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Old Trafford bridge (SJ811967)|
|Distance:||1.6 miles (2.6 km)|
|Met (1923):||A6, A526, A57, A5066, A5065, A5063|
|Now part of:||A5066, B5461|
|Route outline (key)|
The route ran along the northern bank of the River Irwell along Ordsall Lane. Starting on the A6 Chapel Street the road crossed the A526 (later A34) Irwell Street immediately. It then followed the railway line for a short distance before going under it and a second line soon afterwards to cross the A57 Regent Road. The road continued southwestwards into Ordsall itself. After passing Ordsall Hall it bore to the right to end on the A5063 Trafford Road.
The A5064 existed until at least the 1960s but the number has since been made redundant for reuse elsewhere. The southern section of the road has been renumbered as an extension of the A5066 whilst the northern section is now the B5461. However, both ends of the road have been altered. The northern end was destroyed when the A6042 was built whilst the southern end of the road is now private, with the new line of Ordsall Lane meeting the A5063 a short distance further north.