|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Conder Green (SD458557)|
|To:||Glasson Dock (SD444561)|
|Distance:||1 miles (1.6 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5290 is a short link road in north Lancashire serving the village of Glasson. It was originally unclassified but gained its number in 1934.
The road starts on the A588 just south of that road's bridge over the River Conder and heads west. It follows the river downstream albeit the road is straight and the river rather winding. After a tributary is crossed we bear right to skirt a caravan park and follow the long-gone Glasson Dock Branch Line, now a footpath. We pass a few buildings to enter the village of Glasson.
The B5290 bears right at a mini-roundabout and now has houses to its left and the old railway line to the right, with the Lune Estuary beyond. It's not long before the houses are replaced with Glasson Marina, part of the Lancaster Canal. At the far end of the marina a road bears off left to the village centre and the B5290 ends. The road ahead goes a short distance further to end at the docks.