|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||North Shore, Blackpool (SD307379)|
|Via:||Warbreck Hill Road|
|Distance:||1 miles (1.6 km)|
|Meets:||A584, B5124, A587|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5265 is a short west-to-east link road to the north of Blackpool town centre.
Starting from a roundabout junction on the Promenade at North Shore, it heads eastnortheast along Warbreck Hill Road. After 250 m we come to an unusual "give-way-to-the-left" traffic circle at the junction with King George Avenue, requiring eastbound B5265 traffic to TOTSO. The intersection with the B5124 Devonshire Road 600 m further east is a more conventional roundabout,
The road, which is generally 9–10 m wide with generous verges, is overwhelmingly residential in character, with mostly semi-detached properties set behind front gardens. After the B5124 roundabout we pass Unity Academy Blackpool to our right and then, shortly before the route ends at light-controlled junction with the A587 Bispham Road, the entrance to the large Department for Work and Pensions Disability Benefits Centre on the left.
In 1923 the B5265 began further south, at a junction with the then-A587 Talbot Road in Blackpool town centre, running first north along Dickson Road to the route's current starting-point. However, when the A584 was extended north along the Promenade in the late 1920s Dickson Road was declassified.
At the end of the 1930s Warbreck Hill Road was straightened east of the B5124 junction when the distinct detour which the road had previously made to the north (along a section now known as Leys Road) was eliminated in the vicinity of the brickworks (finally closed in the 1950s) which formerly occupied the site of today's Unity Academy.