|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Trafford Road (SJ811964)|
|To:||Trafford Park (SJ798967)|
|Distance:||0.8 miles (1.3 km)|
|Now part of:||A5081|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5216 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Branch to Trafford Park.
It started on the A5063 Trafford Road and headed west into Trafford Park, where it ended on an unclassified road about half a mile later.
The road was quickly upgraded and extended, becoming part of the A5081.
In more recent years the road layout in Trafford Park has been upgraded and so following the route of the ex-B5216 is not straightforward. Its eastern end has now been bypassed while its western end is now part of Wharfside Way. The map on the right does not make the western end of the road obvious but it seems to have gone as far as the road junction now replaced by the Village Circle roundabout.