|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Trafford Road (SJ812970)|
|To:||New Park Road (SJ816971)|
|Distance:||0.3 miles (0.5 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5226 was a short link road in Salford.
It is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Salford (Markendale Street, Taylorson Street (part) ) which makes finding it difficult as Markendale Street no longer exists. Furthermore, it does not appear on the 1923 MoT map, although it was there.
The road existed in the Ordsall area of the city. It left the A5063 Trafford Road and headed east along Markendale Street before turning north past Ordsall Hall along Taylorson Street to end on the A5065 New Park Road (which also does not appear on the MoT map).
This part of Salford has been redeveloped beyond recognition in recent years. Taylorson Street has done quite well as it is still a public road, although sections have been pedestrianised. New Park Road has largely been taken over as a pathway within Ordsall Park. Markendale Street, on the other hand, has been removed completely and cannot be traced at all. Gledhill Avenue is the closest current road to its former route.
An image has been requested for this article.