|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Church Lane (SO862244)|
|To:||Marlpit Lane (SO865248)|
|Distance:||0.3 miles (0.5 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The second incarnation of the B4025 is one of the stranger classified roads in the country. It was reallocated from its original location near Woodstock in Oxfordshire on 1st April, 1925, to run along the old route of the A38 to the east of the Gloucestershire village of Norton.
The road appears on the 1926-27 MOT Map of the area, and on the 1932, 1933 and 1934 edition of the OS Ten-Mile Road Map of Great Britain, but not on the 1936 edition. It also is not labelled on the 1937 OS Half Inch map of The Cotswolds.
However, by the 1940s, it had been downgraded to a C road and has since become little more than a farm track. The downgrading is not surprising as the road had no practical purpose (it only served one or two buildings). When Norton itself was bypassed a few years later it was not deemed necessary to classify that bypassed section of road.
An image has been requested for this article.