|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Standing Way, Bletchley (SP835330)|
|To:||Monks Way, Milton Keynes (SP852410)|
|Distance:||4.5 miles (7.2 km)|
|Meets:||A421, A421, A509, A422|
|Old route now:||A421|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4034 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Buckingham – Fenny Stratford. However, only a short section of the original route still has that number.
Originally the B4034 started on the A413 in the centre of Buckingham and headed east via Bletchley to Fenny Stratford, where it ended on the B488. With the rise of Milton Keynes most of the road was renumbered A421, leaving only the short section through Bletchley as the B4034 (the road was rerouted to avoid Fenny Stratford).
Later still, the B4034 was rerouted north through Milton Keynes along what was the A4146. It crosses over the A5 as the single-carriageway V7 Saxon Street (there is no junction) before a short multiplex east along the A421 (also numbered H8). It then continues north as the dual-carriageway V8 Marlborough Street via a number of roundabouts and the A509, to end on the A422 Monks Way.