|From:||Lawrence Hill (ST602734)|
|Distance:||2.9 miles (4.7 km)|
|Met:||A430, B4048, B4047|
|Now part of:||B4465|
|Route outline (key)|
It started in the Lawrence Hill area of Bristol on the then-A430, at the point today where the east-facing A420 splits to approach the Lawrence Hill roundabout. The B4049 ran along Easton Road and Whitehall Road before going through Speedwell, where it crossed the B4048, to end on the B4047 in Fishponds. That road (not the B4049) continued east to Staple Hill.
The road seems to have been renumbered as part of the B4465 in 1935. It remains this number for almost all its route. Later still, the Lawrence Hill roundabout severed the route of the ex-B4049. However, the northeast section of the roundabout follows the same route and the fact that Easton Road occurs on both sides of the roundabout is a giveaway.