|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||15.4 miles (24.8 km)|
|Met (1956):||B4093, A435, B4480, A34, B4463, A46|
|Now part of:||A4189|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4085 is one of the rare examples where a B road has been upgraded to an A road.
Originally the road started on the B4093 Studley Road in Redditch and headed east to end on the A41 / A46 multiplex in Warwick. Later in life its Redditch start point moved with the coming of the new town and its new infrastructure. The B4095 now started on the cloverleaf where the A448 and A441 met, and the first two miles were now dual carriageway with some grade-separation. Following the original route of the B4095 west of the A435 is now quite difficult as much has been destroyed, including its bridge over the River Arrow, although Watery Lane and Ipsley Church Lane were part of it.
Eventually the route was upgraded to a proper A road, the A4189 (west of the Mappleborough Green roundabout first, the entire route somewhat later), though many traces of the B4095's existence can be found, mostly on signs around Redditch, and a pre-Worboys finger post in Warwick.