|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||12.6 miles (20.3 km)|
|Meets:||A41, A4095, B430, A4260, B4022, A44|
|Former Number(s):||A421, A4095|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4030 is a rural B-road in north Oxfordshire.
Its current eastern end is at a roundabout on the A41 by Bicester Village. It heads north a short distance into town before turning left at a mini-roundabout onto Middleton Stoney Road. It continues west to cross the A4095 at a roundabout.
In 1922 the B4030 started on the A421 at the eastern end of Middleton Stoney Road. Then this easternmost section was renumbered in the mid-1920s as part of the new A4095. This situation continued until the 2000s when the Bicester bypass was built and the road returned to its original number, plus a short extension as the A421 no longer went through Bicester.
West of the A4095 the B4030 crosses over the M40 before reaching the village of Middleton Stoney and a set of traffic lights. This junction has remarkably similar road numbers as the B4030 crosses the B430, formerly the A43. On the far side of the village the B4030 skirts Middleton Park before passing Caulcott and then descending to Lower Heyford, where it crosses the Oxford Canal, Banbury to Oxford railway line and River Cherwell in quick succession.
The road climbs out of the river valley and crosses the A4260 at a staggered crossroads. It continues to climb through Middle Barton before skirting Enstone Airfield. After crossing the B4022 the road goes through Enstone to end on the A44 on the far side of the village.