|From:||Monmouth Street (ST746649)|
|To:||Lower Bristol Road (ST741646)|
|Via:||Midland Bridge Road|
|Length:||0.4 miles (0.6 km)|
|Met (1923):||A4016, A36|
|Now part of:||A367, B3118|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B4043 was a short link on the western edge of Bath city centre. The road started at the junction of Monmouth Street, Monmouth Place (then the A4016, now the A367) and Charles Street, and followed the last-named past Bath Green Park Station and over the Midland Bridge to end on the A36.
In 1935, the A4 was extended to run to the north of the B4043, putting it out of zone, and so it was decided to renumber it to the B3118 (itself a recycled number). With later developments in Bath, the northern end of the road is now part of the A367.