|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||New Tredegar (SO142032)|
|Distance:||3 miles (4.8 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4477 was a short B-road in the Rhymney Valley. It was originally unclassified but gained its number around 1930. However, a landslide occurred in the area around the same time and, although the road is still marked on maps for some years it became too difficult to keep the road open and so it had been downgraded by 1961. In places the road is now little more than a track.
Leaving the A4049 in New Tredegar the B4477 headed north along Tredegar Road and quickly reached open country. It continued across the unstable ground before bearing right to cross Cwm Tyswg and reach Abertysswg. The road then continued northwest to end on the A469 (now B4257) to the south of Rhymney.