|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Bourton on the Hill (SP167326)|
|Distance:||5.3 miles (8.5 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4479 is a rural B-road in the Cotswolds. It was originally unclassified but gained its number around 1930.
Starting on the A44 on the western edge of Bourton on the Hill the road heads north and goes through a wood before descending into Blockley. We bypass the village centre but one of the village streets is still rather narrow. We leave town along Station Road and presently reach a level crossing on the Cotswold Line which is where the station used to be but there's no sign of it now.
We now wind into - and through - Paxford and we leave the village heading eastwards. A few more bends take us to the end of the road at a T-junction on the B4035 to the south of Charingworth.