|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Walsgrave on Sowe (SP376806)|
|Distance:||3.2 miles (5.1 km)|
|Met (1946):||A423, A428, A4114, A46|
|Now part of:||B4082|
|Route outline (key)|
What was originally a collection of countryside lanes has today been swallowed up by Coventry's urban expansion, and any bypass function the former B4481 had has long since been surrendered to the modern route of the A46, which today sweeps round the eastern side of the built-up area of the city between the A45 and the junction of the M6 and M69.
The route was developed in two sections. The southern half, between Willenhall and the A428 at Binley, had been made a B-class road by 1932; today all of that section has been declassified. The northern half, running from Binley to Walsgrave and added by 1946, has retained its classification but is now the southern end of the B4082.