|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Pont Caletwr (SH975352)|
|Distance:||3.5 miles (5.6 km)|
|Meets:||B4391, B4401, A494|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4402 is a short B-road in eastern Merionethshire.
It starts on the B4391 on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park and heads northeast, quickly narrowing to S1. It soon crosses the Pont Caletwr across the Caletwr River and then continues to descend gradually into the valley of the River Dee.
After passing Palé Hall Hotel, the road reaches a T-junction on the B4401. Originally it ended here but was extended north in 1935. Now there is a short multiplex west along the B4401 across the River Dee, before the B4402 regains its number by turning right by the village war memorial at Llandderfel.
The village street in Llandderfel is wide enough for S2. However, the road narrows again after leaving the village as it climbs out of the Dee Valley, becoming even narrower than before. There is a sharp bend as it crosses a stream before the road straightens out again and becomes slightly wider (but still S1). The road finally regains its centre line at its terminus: it ends at a T-junction on the A494 in the hamlet of Bethel.
An image has been requested for this article.