B4432 (Coleford - Chepstow)
|From:||Marian's Inclosure (SO559119)|
|Distance:||12.9 miles (20.8 km)|
|Met:||B4223, B4028, B4431, B4231, A437|
|Now part of:||B4228|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B4432 was a short-lived road in the Forest of Dean.
Starting on the B4223 (present A4136) east of Staunton the road ran into Coleford where it bore sharply right on meeting the B4431. After crossing the B4231 near Clearwell the road detoured via the centre of St Briavels before heading roughly southwards to end on the A437 (later A48) in the centre of Tutshill, only a short distance from the Welsh border.
The road was originally unclassified and gained its number in the mid-1920s. However, it had disappeared by 1932. The first section into Coleford became an extension of the B4431 whilst the remainder was renumbered B4228. More recent road renumberings have rerouted the B4228 so that road has now taken over the ex-B4432 north of Coleford instead.