|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Chipping Norton (SP312269)|
|Distance:||8.9 miles (14.3 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4450 is a V-shaped B-road in the Cotswolds. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road starts on the A436 on the top of a hill to the east of Stow-on-the-Wold and heads southeastwards, descending into the valley ahead. After crossing a stream we follow it for a mile or so and presently enter the village of Bledington. We cross the village green and a stream then bend sharply left then right to run along Main Street.
On the far side of the village there's another sharp left-hand bend and we head vaguely eastwards along Station Road over the two channels of the River Evenlode then go over the Cotswold Line by Kingham station. Traffic for that village would take the next turn left but we continue ahead and climb into Churchill.
In the centre of the village we bear left around the churchyard then continue northeastwards into open country, running along the northern edge of a ridge. Presently we reach Chipping Norton and enter town along Churchill Road. Presently we reach a roundabout where the road ends on the A361.