|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||3.2 miles (5.1 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4409 is a short B-road in north Caernarfonshire. Originally unclassified it had become part of the B4366 by 1932 and then gained its own number when that road was truncated in the 2000s.
The road starts on the A5 on the southern edge of Bethesda. It heads west and soon crosses a narrow bridge over the River Ogwen before winding out of town along a road that's not wide enough for a centre line. There's a huge slate spoil heap to the left but as the road is lined with trees this isn't that visible.
Presently the industry is left behind and the road runs through Coed-y-parc. The centre line comes back as we follow a straight road along the Ogwen valley into Tregarth, where the road bears left and climbs gently through the village. The centre line has gone again by the time we reenter open country.
After a sharp left-hand bend by the church the road continues to wind westwards and the centre line soon comes back. It's not long, however, before we reach journey's end at a T-junction on the A4244.