|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Herbert Street (SN722039)|
|To:||Brecon Road (SN726045)|
|Distance:||0.4 miles (0.6 km)|
|Met (1982):||A474, A4067|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4435 was a short link in Pontardawe town centre. Though unclassified in 1922, it had gained Class II status by the early 1930s. More recently, following diversion of the A474 away from the town centre, it has become an unclassified road once again.
Starting on the then A474 Herbert Street, by the town's war memorial, the B4435 headed northeastward along Holly Street, passing the local council offices, crossing the Swansea Canal, and from there continuing as Grove Road to a terminus on the A4067 (now B4603) Brecon Road. Today the final section of Grove Road is one-way only towards Brecon Road.