|Location Map ( geo)|
|Walsall Ring Road|
|To:||Pleck via loop (SO999969)|
|Distance:||5.1 miles (8.2 km)|
|Met (1956):||A4038, A454, A34, A461, B4151, A34, A4031, A461|
|Now part of:||A4148|
|Route outline (key)|
The Walsall Ring Road was originally numbered B4456. The number had come into being by 1932, at that time running anticlockwise from the A461 in Pleck to the same road to the northeast of Walsall town centre. The road had been extended anticlockwise to complete the loop by the mid-1940s; however, the southwest corner was always part of the A461 mainline whilst there is evidence the northwest corner never existed as part of the B4456.