|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Spon End (SP322790)|
|To:||Queen Victoria Road (SP328786)|
|Distance:||0.5 miles (0.8 km)|
|Met (1926):||B4106, B4107|
|Now part of:||B4101|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4454 was a short link road to the west of Coventry city centre. It was originally unclassified but gained its number in the mid-1920s.
Owing to the short length of the road its history is not fully known. Although the road retained Class II status until at least the 1950s this does not mean it kept the B4454 number. In the 1960s the eastern end of the road was destroyed when the A4053 was built on top of it; the western half of the road is now numbered B4101.
The B4454 was occasionally labelled as the B4464, including in the 1960s AA Book of the Road. The origin of this error is uncertain, as it appears a number of times, but it could be due to the difficulty of reading the MOT Map as pictured top right.
The B4454 number has surfaced later in the city but this is as a mapping error for the B4544.