|Distance:||7.5 miles (12.1 km)|
|Now part of:||A880, unclassified|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B834, as listed in the 1922 Road Lists, seems to have paired up with the B833 on the opposite shore of Loch Long, and indeed there was once a ferry between the two. The road started at Ardbeg on the A815 and ran along the coast through Strome and Blairmore to Ardentinny Ferry, from where Coulport Ferry (now lost under the naval base) could be reached by water.
All of the B834 was upgraded to be the A880 in the late 1920s, although it has since been cut short at Blairmore, leaving the road to Ardentinny unclassified.