B860 (Ullapool - Ledmore)
|Distance:||17.3 miles (27.8 km)|
|Now part of:||A835|
|Route outline (key)|
The 1922 Road Lists state that the B860 ran along what is now the A835's non-primary section north of Ullapool across the hills to Ledmore junction on the A837. However, the A835 (which originally went along what is now the A893) had been extended north along the entire route of the B860 by 1932, rendering yet another of the original B8xx roads defunct within the first 10 years of road numbering.
Whilst the route of the A835 is essentially that of the original B860, there have been a lot of upgrades over the years, substantially changing the road in places. For a full description of the historic route, see the A835 page.