|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.7 miles (4.3 km)|
|Meets:||A803, B805, B8028|
|Route outline (key)|
The B810 is a link road in east Stirlingshire. The road was originally unclassified but had gained its present number by 1932.
The road starts at a mini-roundabout on the A803 (former A9) in Polmont, not too far west of M9 J4. The road heads south, initially as a fairly modern link road with few buildings in sight; the road used to follow the narrow, winding Marchmont Road to the west. Old and new routes join as the road becomes lined with houses just in time to pass the station and go over the Edinburgh to Falkirk line.
After running through the centre of the settlement called Polmont Station the Union Canal is crossed and then the road bears to the right into Brightons to reach a T-junction on the B805. There's a short multiplex to the right before a roundabout is reached and the B810 turns left to regain its number. The road passes to the south of Polmont YOI and then climbs through Reddingmuirhead to reach a short stretch within sight of the fields. The houses soon come back as we enter Shieldhill and it's not long before the end of the road is reached, at a TOTSO on the B8028.