|From:||Glasgow Road (NS657742)|
|To:||Kilsyth Road (NS649740)|
|Via:||High Street, Kirkintilloch|
|Length:||0.5 miles (0.8 km)|
|Met:||A803, B757, A803|
|Now part of:||unclassified|
|Route outline (key)|
The B820 originally followed the High Street through Kirkintilloch, meaning that the Glasgow Road 'bypass' followed by the A803 actually pre-dates 1922. In fact, the central section of the High Street, between Cowgate and Ledgate, and about a third of the overall length was actually a multiplex along the B757, relegating the B820 to the two ends.
The OS were still marking this route in the early 1960s, but with the pedestrianisation of some of the town centre, and the construction of the A8006 (now the A806) cutting the High Street in half, this road is now entirely unclassified, although East Dunbartonshire Council appear to still refer to it as current.