|Distance:||2.5 miles (4 km)|
|Met (1961):||A16, A1031, A1098, A1031|
|Now part of:||A46|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1030 ran inland from Cleethorpes.
The road started on the A16 (now A1243) in Nunsthorpe, to the south of Grimsby, starting just to the east of the eastern end of the A46 (here renumbered A18 between 1935 and the 1970s). It then headed roughly eastwards. It soon crossed a railway line (now reused as the current line of the A16) before meeting the A1031 in Old Clee. The road continued as the dominant partner in a useless multiplex as far as the near side of Cleethorpes at a triple point where the A1098 continued into the town centre whilst the A1031 (now A180) reappeared and headed along the coast to Grimsby. The reason for the useless multiplex was that the A1031 originally only connected Grimsby and Cleethorpes and was not extended south until later.