|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||West Hill, Bridlington (TA165672)|
|To:||Bridlington town centre (TA184666)|
|Distance:||1.2 miles (1.9 km)|
|Met:||A165, A1038, B1254|
|Now part of:||A1038, B1423|
|Route outline (key)|
In the original 1922 road numbering, the A1037 number was allocated to the road between the A165 and Bridlington Quay (then separate to Bridlington itself but the centre of the modern town) in Yorkshire, where it met the A1038.
The road started on the original line of the A165, to the west of the town centre in West Hill. It then headed east along Bressingby Road and Hilderthorpe Road into the town centre, before turning into Bridge Street. It ended here at a triple point where it met the A1038 Manor Street and the B1254 Queen Street.
The A165 was moved onto its current route in the late 1920s, taking over the western half of the A1037 in the process. It is therefore very likely, although not certain, that the number became redundant at the same time with the remainder of the road becoming an extension of the A1038. If that did not happen then it certainly did in more recent years as that is the situation today.