|From:||Ingleby Barwick (NZ458134)|
|Length:||3.1 miles (5 km)|
|Met (1961):||A1044, B1425, A67|
|Now part of:||A1044|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1045 ran through the Yorkshire town of Thornaby-on-Tees.
The road started on the A1044 to the north of the village of Maltby and headed north along Thornaby Road into Thornaby-on-Tees itself. It ended to the north of town, between the railway station and the Victoria Bridge over the Tees. The road it ended on was numbered A176 in 1922, went through a period of being the A67 and is now the A1130.
The A1045 is now redundant. The A19 runs parallel less than a mile to the east and this caused its downfall, although not for some time after that road was built: the A1045 didn't disappear off the maps until around 2000. The southern half, however, remains an A-road as the A1044 (which originally continued eastwards) was rerouted this way at the same time.