|From:||Little Thurrock (TQ626793)|
|To:||Chadwell St Mary (TQ643780)|
|Length:||1.4 miles (2.3 km)|
|Now part of:||B149|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1089 was a short link road in south Essex.
The road started on the A13 (now, here, the A1013) in Little Thurrock and headed southeastwards along Wood View. The road quickly reaches Chadwell St Mary and passed to the south of the village, ending on the A128.
The route of the A1089 did not exist in 1922 but a new road was built to bypass Chadwell St Mary and provide access from the A13 to Tilbury without having to pass through Grays. It was therefore trunked in the 1940s.
More recent road improvements in the area have downgraded the A1089 to Class II status; it is now numbered B149. The A1089 number still provides trunk road access to Tilbury. Old and new routes of the road cross each other but there is no access between them.