A1020 (St Neots)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Eaton Socon (TL170596)|
|To:||St Neots (TL178601)|
|Distance:||0.6 miles (1 km)|
|Now part of:||B1428|
|Route outline (key)|
The original A1020 was a short link road to the west of St Neots. It ran entirely on the western section of St Neots Road, from the point it left the Great North Road (then the A1), to the junction with Cross Hall Road (then the A45), which continued east towards the town centre.
The road was later renumbered as a spur of the A45, though discovering the exact date is somewhat tricky due to its short length, but it was certainly prior to 1955 as the renumbering is shown on the OS One Inch map from that year. Following the completion of the St Neots southern bypass, the ex-A1020 (together with the ex-A1 to the south and ex-A45 to the east) was renumbered B1428, which it remains. The A45 was renumbered B645 west of the A1 and A428 to the east with the completion of the A14 in the 1990s.