|From:||London Road (TQ868862)|
|Distance:||1.9 miles (3.1 km)|
|Meets:||A13, A127, A13, A1160|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1015 is a loop in Southend-on-Sea, connecting the A13 with itself by a roundabout route.
It starts in the Westcliff area of town and heads northeast along West Road and West Street before meeting the A127. In 1922 the B1015 ended here but it was extended to its current length in the early 1920s.
The B1015 continues straight on along East Street before passing Prittlewell station then turning right at a roundabout. It then heads south along Sutton Road to end on the eastern side of the town centre.
As stated earlier, this point had become the southern end of the B1015 by the late 1920s - but in 1935 it was extended further. It multiplexed east along the A13 for a few blocks then headed south along Southchurch Avenue, to end on the B1016 at the far end. Southchurch Avenue was actually the B1016 at one time but that road was moved in 1935 and required another number. Southchurch Avenue was renumbered A1160 in the 1960s thus returning the B1015 to its 1920s route.