|From:||Dogs Head Street / Tacket Street (TM164444)|
|To:||St Margaret's Street (TM166447)|
|Via:||Upper Brook Street, Great Colman Street|
|Distance:||0.3 miles (0.4 km)|
|Meets:||B1075, B1077, A1156|
|Route outline (key)|
The B1076 is a short B-road in Ipswich town centre which was originally even shorter!
It starts on the B1075 (where Dogs Head Street becomes Tacket Street) and heads north along Upper Brook Street, crossing Tavern Street / Carr Street to follow the southern end of Northgate Street, before turning right into Great Colman Street and ending on the A1156 town centre relief road.
The A12, on its original 1922 route, doglegged through the town centre along Tavern Street and Northgate Street, and the B1076 at that time consisted of just Upper Brook Street, all of 180 m (200 yds) long.
The present B1076 is mostly one-way northwards and largely closed to traffic other than buses. It is therefore not surprising that many maps (such as the one on the right) claim the road to be unclassified; however, the road does appear on official documentation.